The Research Institute of Organic Agriculture (FiBL) in Frick, Switzerland is offering the position of a Organic Horticulture Expert for Arid Zones
We are looking for somebody who is interested in engaging in projects promoting organic agriculture in arid and semi-arid zones and in further elaborating organic agriculture techniques in such regions. At the beginning, the expert would be mostly engaged in an ongoing project in the United Arab Emirates. New projects mainly in Africa and the Near East are envisaged. The tasks require a lot of travelling and include capacity building for organic stakeholders in farming practices, practical advice and applied research.
Ideally you have the following profile:
- A university education (or similar) in agronomy, horticulture or related fields;
- Strong practical expertise in organic horticulture with interest to further deepen this competency both practically and academically;
- Experience in arid agriculture would be an advantage;
- Skills in and enjoyment of intercultural communication and international cooperation preferably with project management experience;
- Oral and written fluency in English; knowledge of further languages such as German, Arabic or French is an advantage;
- Ability to work independently with a significant level of personal responsibility.
We are offering:
- An open-end employment (80-100 %) based in Switzerland;
- An inspiring working environment and an exciting opportunity for career development;
- An opportunity to work with a world class team of experts in the field of organic agriculture;
- Attractive contractual terms and remuneration.
Please submit your electronic application (motivation letter, CV, certificates, references) until 31st October 2016 to Stefan Williner, email@example.com
FiBL Schweiz / Suisse, Ackerstrasse, CH-5070 Frick
Tel. +41 (0)62 865 72 72 firstname.lastname@example.org, www.fibl.org