Pace International is a leader in the postharvest treatment, storage, and handling of pome, stone, citrus, and other fruits and vegetables. The postharvest physiology manager position is based at our research and manufacturing facility in Wapato, WA. This position is an integral part of Pace's Product Development Group and is a key contributor to new product development, product improvement, and technical support to the Pace Manufacturing, Field Services, and Sales teams. This position's major responsibility is to design, execute, and evaluate fruit physiology projects associated with new product development and product life-cycle management.
• Collaborate with internal and external researchers to design, execute, and evaluate postharvest fruit physiology projects associated with new product development and product life-cycle management
• Prepare and present internal project reports and presentations
• Prepare and present posters, abstracts, presentations, manuscripts for external communications at the region, national, and international level.
• Document, catalogue, evaluate, and report fruit disorders
• Attend regional/national/international conferences and meetings to create, build, and maintain relationships with leading researchers.
• Provide technical support and feedback to Business Development, Marketing, Sales, Technical Field Service, and Manufacturing.
• Responsible for department budget, resources, and expenses
• Other duties as assigned.
TYPICAL EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION GUIDELINES:
• Ph.D. in Plant Physiology or closely related field.
• Knowledge of postharvest physiology of fruit crops – maturity, ripening, senescence, ethylene mediated processes, fruit maturity indices.
• Critical thinking and strong analytical skills with the ability to (a) differentiate the validity of data sets resulting from research studies, (b) identify potential novelty in a given data set, and (c) recognize how a given data set may advance/support a (new) business opportunity.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate with (a) outside parties (e.g., customers, industry personnel, scientific researchers) and (b) commercial areas of the Pace business to identify potential areas for new product development as well as the value of product improvements.
• Computer literacy with Excel, PowerPoint, Word, SigmaPlot, Minitab, Adobe Acrobat, etc.
• Use of standard laboratory analytical equipment (pH, spectrophotometer, chromatographic equipment)
• Project organization and management
• Interpersonal communication (looking for excellent people skills so as to be able to work in a team environment)
• Fluency in English; Spanish is a plus
Resumes should be sent to: email@example.com