Founded in April 1959 as a global network of horticulturists and horticultural scientists seeking international co-operation, today the International Society for Horticultural Science (ISHS), is a truly global network comprising over 53,000 individuals, universities, governments, institutions, libraries and commercial companies. ISHS has become the largest and most important framework for horticultural science. ISHS membership, offering a unique mix of sections & commissions, working groups, symposia, publications, mailing lists, online services, ... allows you to develop information networks with colleagues who have similar interests and concerns. Discover job opportunities fast, learn of new techniques and breakthroughs first, and increase your access to scientists who may have solutions to the questions you need to answer today. The ISHS provides its members with a platform allowing them to share knowledge on an international scale.
ISHS Member Login - Manage/Renew your membership (ISHS members and returning users):
ISHS members sign in here to access your ISHS membership account, to renew or update your membership, to join Sections, Commissions or Working Groups, to download Acta Horticulturae articles, etc...
- One year Individual Membership EU members: EUR 95 (including VAT)
Individual Membership: join now and start using complimentary Acta Horticulturae article downloads instantly!
To apply for ISHS membership simply fill out the online form and activate your membership in real time!
- ISHS members and returning users: please use the ISHS member login instead if you already have a user account with ISHS and want to activate, update or renew your membership
- Membership in ISHS is by calendar year (January - December). Membership accounts activated in August or later would cover the remaining months of the current year plus the next calendar year. Reduced membership for citizens of selected countries.
- a free copy of the annual ISHS membership list and Sections/Commissions directory in electronic format (print copy optional)
- unlimited searching in the ISHS interactive online membership directory
- a quarterly copy of the magazine Chronica Horticulturae in electronic format (print copy optional)
- 20% discount on Acta Horticulturae orders (both ActaHort CD-rom or print). (Institutional Members: 30% discount) - Membership Discount does not apply to orders received through booksellers or subscription agents.
- a EUR 250 discount when publishing in the European Journal of Horticultural Science (eJHS)
- a limited number of free Acta Horticulturae full text article downloads
- a limited number of free full text article downloads from selected third party publications at www.pubhort.org. Titles include: The Horticulture Journal, Fruits, Journal of the American Pomological Society, Journal of the International Society for Mushroom Science, etc...
- 50% discount when purchasing Acta Horticulturae and/or PubHort full text article downloads
- access to ISHS ListServ mailing lists
- discount registration fee at ISHS Symposia (ISHS Membership number required when registering)
- participation in ISHS Working Groups, Sections and Commissions and networking with fellow researchers
- entitlement to a vote at the ISHS General Assembly
- read further...
ISHS Honorary and Fellow members
The ISHS Nominations and Awards Committee invites all ISHS members to nominate possible candidates.
ISHS Membership Directory
ISHS members receive a copy of the annual ISHS membership directory once a year.
In addition to this ISHS members have access to the online ISHS membership list system which allows members and non-members to browse the ISHS membership directory in a structured way and includes contact details of all active ISHS members (personal membership details and address information available to ISHS members only - make sure to login while browsing the membership directory to reveal the full contact details).