Full-time Faculty Position in the Department of Horticulture, National Chung Hsing University
The Department of Horticulture at National Chung Hsing University, Taichung, Taiwan (R.O.C.) is seeking candidates for a faculty position at the Assistant Professor level or above. The candidates must have a Ph.D. degree in a horticulture-related area specializing in production, physiology, genetics, or breeding of vegetable crops. Candidates with at least two years of teaching, research, or practical experience are preferred.
Teaching responsibilities include Olericulture and other horticulture-related courses. Candidates should demonstrate strong written and oral speaking skills for offering at least one English-taught course for undergraduate and graduate students, respectively. Furthermore, the new faculty member will have to support department-wide and college-wide international exchange programs and therefore, the applicants will be required to give a presentation in English during the interview. Foreign applicants must be fluent and able to teach in Mandarin, thus giving a presentation in Mandarin will be required during the interview.
For full consideration, candidates should apply and submit a complete application package including:
1. The hard copy and Word file of the 'New recruit teacher selection and regulation table' (T4a，Please download the file from the website of College of Agriculture and Natural Resources, http://canr.nchu.edu.tw/web/teacher/list.php?lang=zh_tw&action=search&category1=1
2. National Chung Hsing University requires the candidate to submit a hard copy and Word file of one representative paper published in the past five years (after Aug. 01, 2018) and other books and published papers published in seven years as reference publications. To fill out your publication list, please download the form at http://person.nchu.edu.tw/download.php.
3. Two letters of recommendation (one from the Ph.D. advisor and another from a current supervisor, if you are not able to do it, please state the reasons for not doing so). Please mail to Dr. Jer-Chia Chang, Professor & Chair, Department of Horticulture.
4. Officially certified copy of Ph.D. diploma, transcripts, and employment records. If you have foreign above-mentioned documents, please submit a Chinese version or English version certified by the Embassy of Taiwan (R.O.C.).
5. If you hold the Teacher's Certificate, please submit a photocopy.
6. A photocopy of your national identity card or passport.
7. Officially certified copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts.
8. All published reprints or copies, and the doctoral dissertation should be enclosed. The representative paper must be checked for plagiarism. The authenticity and originality of the representative paper must be verified using plagiarism detection software and the PDF file showing the similarity results should be submitted. If the representative paper is co-authored, a Certificate of Co-Authorship should be submitted (Please download the form of the Certificate of Co-Authorship file at http://person.nchu.edu.tw/download.php).
9. Planned research proposals
10. Course syllabus (http://www.oaa.nchu.edu.tw/download02.htm)
11. Consent to Provide Personal Data form (See attached Files)
12. Other supporting documents.
13. Please sign or stamp every photocopy item you provided to take full responsibility.
Please send a hard copy and electronic files of the application package to Dr. Jer-Chia Chang, 145 Xingda Rd., South Dist., Taichung City 40227, Taiwan, R.O.C. Department of Horticulture, National Chung-Hsing University (Labelled "application for faculty position" on the envelope) Tel：+886 0-22840340 ext 403 Fax：+886 4-22860574. All submitted documents will not be returned.
Application closing date is Dec. 07, 2022 and the faculty appointment starts at Aug. 01, 2023.
Contact information; Contact Phone: +886-4-22840340 ext 210、403 FAX: +886-4-22860574
E-mail：email@example.com, CC to firstname.lastname@example.org