Full-time Faculty Position in the Department of Horticulture, National Chung-Hsing University
The Department of Horticulture at National Chung-Hsing University, Taichung, Taiwan (R.O.C.) seeks two highly qualified individuals for faculty positions at the assistant professor or associate professor level.
The candidates must have a Ph.D. degree in the area of Horticulture with research addresses the following areas: horticultural crop production and physiology, horticultural crop genetics and breeding, or postharvest handling of horticultural crops.
Candidates with practical experiences will be preferred.
The successful candidates are expected to teach undergraduate and graduate courses including Post-Harvest Handling, Pomology, Olericulture, Floriculture, Horticultural Practices, Genetics and Breeding, or Molecular Biotechnology of Horticultural Crops and to offer support in the Department-wide and College-wide international exchange programs and in English-taught courses (a presentation in English will be required during interview). To be considered for this position, a complete application package should be submitted which includes:
1.The completed print and electronic word file of the 'New recruit teacher selection and regulation table' (t4a，Please download the file from the website of College of Agriculture and Natural Resources, http://canr.nchu.edu.tw/web/teacher/list.php?action=search&category1=1
2. One representative paper published in recent 5 years and other reference books and published papers, including electronic files (To complete your publication list, please download the related file from the following website, http://person.nchu.edu.tw/download.php).
3. Two letters of recommendation (one from Ph.D. advisor and another from current supervisor, if you are not able to do it, please state the reasons for not doing so). Please mail to Prof. Chen-Fa Wu, Professor & Chairperson, Department of Horticulture. (firstname.lastname@example.org).
4. Officially certified copy of Ph.D. diploma, transcripts, and employment records. Please submit Chinese version or English version of the diploma and transcripts certified by the Embassy of the Taiwan (R.O.C.).
5. A photocopy of the Teacher's Certificate (only for those who already have it).
6. A photocopy of identity card or passport.
7. Officially certified copy of undergraduate and graduate transcripts.
8. All published reprints or copies, including doctoral dissertation should be enclosed. If the representative paper was published with several co-authors, a proof file needs to be submitted (Please download the proof file from the following website, http://person.nchu.edu.tw/download.php). The authenticity and originality of the representative paper must be verified by using plagiarism detection software and the PDF file showing the analysis results should also be submitted.
9. Research plan.
10. Course syllabus (http://www.oaa.nchu.edu.tw/download02.htm).
11. Consent to Provide Personal Data form (See attached Files).
12. Other supporting documents.
13. Applicants must be fluent in Chinese.
14. Please sign or stamp on every photocopy item as a declaration of full responsibilities over the risk.
15. Please submit both written documents and electronic files and note that all submitted documents and files will not be returned.
Please send the application materials to Dr. Chen-Fa Wu, 145 Xingda Rd., South Dist., Taichung City 40227, Taiwan, R.O.C. Department of Horticulture, National Chung-Hsing University (Labelled "application for faculty position" on the envelope) Tel：+886 0-22840340 ext 805 Fax：+886 4-22860574
Application deadline is May. 27, 2020 and the faculty appointment starts at Feb. 01, 2021.
Contact information; Contact Phone: +886-4-22840340 ext 210、805