The World Vegetable Center (WorldVeg) is a non-profit, autonomous international agricultural research center with headquarters in Taiwan and five regional offices around the globe. WorldVeg conducts research and development programs that contribute to realize the potential of vegetables for healthier lives and more resilient livelihoods. For more information please visit our website: www.worldveg.org.
The Center is in the midst of modernizing its research infrastructure at its headquarters in Taiwan and evolving into an 'Open Science Center', that will enable strengthened collaboration with advanced research institutions and universities world-wide.
WorldVeg is seeking a creative and enthusiastic person to join the Center as Head - Communications. The position will be based at WorldVeg's headquarters in Shanhua, Tainan, Taiwan.
Key job responsibilities:
• Lead Center-wide communications activities; provide timely, and high-quality support to regions, flagships, projects and business development.
• Strengthen institutional branding, corporate image, and ensure high editorial standards for the Center.
• Develop communications and marketing materials, including print, audio/video, and online content to disseminate widely the Center's work to multiple audiences.
• Lead the Center's knowledge management activities, including the management of Harvest (online), the Library (onsite), and the translation of research outputs into knowledge products for wider dissemination.
• Manage media relations and promote the Center's activities through various media channels (print, digital, social), ensuring high level media coverage.
• Lead the production of key Center's publications, including the Annual Report and Fresh (newsletter), and assist scientists with research publications as needed.
• Keep the Center's websites (external webpages and intranet) up to date – ensure that new and consistent information (article links, stories, events) is posted regularly and provide quality control of all content.
• Plan and organize strategic events like symposiums, conferences, targeted donor events to promote the Center's work to multiple audiences at the global level.
• Foster and contribute to highly collaborative teamwork and strengthen internal communications within the Center.
• Lead a team of communications professionals, and supervise outsourced service providers as needed.
• Undertake any other duties as required by the needs of the Center and as reviewed from time to time by the Supervisor.
Qualifications and experience:
• Eight or more years of experience in managing communications or corporate public relations functions at an executive level in multinational or international organizations.
• A minimum of Masters' qualification in communications, media, public relations or related fields.
• Experience in developing corporate communications strategy, creative writing and developing promotional materials, launching campaigns, planning and organizing events like conferences, symposiums, etc., and facilitating publication activities.
• Hands on experience in digital communications, managing web assets and resources, and knowledge management.
• Proven interpersonal skills, and demonstrated ability to manage and nurture a strong and service-oriented support team.
• Experience of managing communications of scientific research and/or development activities.
• Team player, able to work in a multicultural environment and able to interact effectively
This is an Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS) position with competitive pay and benefits. The initial appointment is for three years and may be extended depending on performance of the incumbent and availability of resources. The position will be available in January 2022.
How to Apply:
Applicants should submit a letter of application explaining their suitability for and interest in the position along with a curriculum vitae, a recent passport size photograph, names and addresses (including telephone/fax/e-mail) of three referees, and date of availability to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5th October 2021.