The World Vegetable Center (WorldVeg) is a non-profit, autonomous international agricultural research center with headquarters in Taiwan and five regional offices around the globe. WorldVeg conducts research and development programs that contribute to realize the potential of vegetables for healthier lives and more resilient livelihoods. For more information visit worldveg.org.
The Center is in the midst of modernizing its research infrastructure at its headquarters in Taiwan and evolving into an 'Open Science Center' with a new science agenda, that will enable strengthened collaboration with advanced research institutions and universities world-wide.
WorldVeg seeks a dynamic and enthusiastic person to join the Center as Head of Human Resources, reporting to the Director General and based at WorldVeg headquarters in Shanhua, Tainan, Taiwan.
1. Contribute to an open, positive, safe, creative and diverse work environment to promote and enable collaboration and innovation
2. Provide strategic leadership and management to ensure effective and efficient delivery of HR services
3. Bring the best global HR practices, and customize to the Center's business needs
4. Review and continuously improve HR policies, systems and procedures for relevance and effectiveness
5. Identify core competencies, training and development needs, and develop talent to support the implementation of the new science agenda in collaboration with the Center's science leaders and regional directors
6. Assist in the organizational development activities to complement the Center's strategy
7. Advise WorldVeg management and regional and research leaders on staff issues
8. Periodically conduct benchmark studies and recommend competitive staff compensation and benefit packages
9. Ensure compliance to Center's obligations to host countries/institutions/donors with regard to employment and staff management matters
10. Provide HR support to the regional centers through periodical visits as and when required
11. Contribute to the health and safety of staff through preventive and development programs
12. Undertake any other duties as required by the needs of the Center and as reviewed from time to time by the Director General.
Passionate to work with people from different disciplines and cultures, an effective communicator able to motivate, influence and resolve issues.
Applicants must have a Master degree in human resources management or a related field with 10 years of work experience in managing the HR function in an international or multinational organization within a multicultural work environment. Being active and involved in HR professional networks would be an advantage.
Proficiency in written and spoken English is essential. Knowledge of Mandarin and/or French would be an advantage.
The position will require occasional travel to WorldVeg's regional centers and country offices.
This is an Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS) position with competitive pay and benefits. The initial appointment is for three years and may be extended depending on performance of the incumbent and availability of resources.
How to Apply:
Submit a letter of application with curriculum vitae, a recent passport size photograph, names and addresses (including telephone/e-mail) of three referees, and date of availability. Please send applications stating the job title by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before 15 February 2022.