HAS University of Applied Sciences. Due to increasing interest in the study programme Horticulture & Business Management, per 1 August 2018 we are looking for a: Lecturer/Consultant in Horticulture with extensive knowledge of cultivation. Location 's-Hertogenbosch, the Netherlands. The appointment is for 0.8 – 1.0 fte, initially for one year, leading to a permanent appointment following a positive appraisal. We also provide new lecturers with excellent support, in particular candidates without specific teaching experience and/or teaching qualification.
Context of the position: The study programme Horticulture & Business Management is aimed at students with an interest in plants, research, cultivation, breeding, international trade, marketing and technology. This increasingly popular study programme has currently around 275 students and a teaching team of around 30 employees. In October 2012, we established a chair in 'New Cultivation Systems', under which students work on developing expertise in the use of new cultivation systems, new technologies, sensors and data.
We are looking for: A cultivation specialist with a broad background, preferably with international experience, who is keen to take on the challenge of becoming one of the inspirational role models for our horticulture students.
The successful candidate will:
• Provide undergraduate education in the field of horticulture, both in the Netherlands and internationally
• Support students during their internships and on writing up their thesis
• Coach students
• Contribute to external projects in the sector as a consultant
• Provide training programmes within the sector
• Contribute to the development of the educational content of the study programme
Candidates must have:
• A bachelor's degree or higher and at least 3 to 5 years relevant work experience
• Extensive theoretical and practical horticultural knowledge and experience, including in an international context, gained, for example, from a position as an advisor or consultant
• Excellent written and spoken English skills
In addition to the above requirements, the following would be an advantage:
• Knowledge and extensive experience of open cultivation or hard and/or soft fruit, 'low-tech' horticulture
• Experience working with international groups
• Able to translate developments in the sector into interesting educational situations and so contribute to the future of the sector
• Entrepreneurial and focussed on results
• People oriented and a team player
• Externally focussed with a relevant strategical network
• Enthusiastic and keen to share your knowledge?
Then, you are the kind of candidate we're looking for and we would like to invite you to apply for this exciting position!
We offer: A diverse, dynamic and independent position, with considerable opportunities for personal growth in a small and informal team, in which collaboration is high on the agenda.
General: Conditions of employment are in accordance with the Dutch Collective Labour Agreement for Higher Professional Education. Remuneration will depend on your education and experience, and is based on scale 11 (€3,201.92 - €4,661.12 gross per month). During your career at the HAS, you will also have the opportunity to grow into the position of senior lecturer in scale 12.
HAS provides a competitive employment package, which includes a fixed thirteenth month, an attractive collective healthcare insurance policy, a contribution towards your own healthcare insurance and 8% holiday pay.
For more information regarding this vacancy, please contact Talitha van Son BSc, lecturer/operations Officer HRM: Tel: +31 (0)88 890 38 21 - Mobile: +31 (0) 48 46 74 04 E-mail: T.vSon@has.nl
For further information regarding our study programmes, visit our website: www.HAS.nl
Applications and deadline: You should submit your application via our website www.HAS.nl/en/jobs no later than 3 April 2018.
The first round of interviews will take place on 13 April 2018.
References: It is our standard policy to check references after a second interview.
• Only applications submitted digitally via our website will be considered
• Selection will take place after the closing date, we will then respond to your application as soon as possible
• Applications submitted after the closing date will not be taken into consideration
• The closing date may be extended or shortened during the selection process. We will automatically take your application into the extended application procedure unless you request otherwise
• Candidates may be looked up via internet, including on social media
• The vacancy text on the HAS website will prevail. We accept no responsibility for any other texts on other vacancy websites
• Third party acquisition is discouraged