Laval University, Faculty of Agriculture and Food Sciences, Department of Plant Science (Département de phytologie)
Université Laval is a privileged living environment in the heart of Quebec City (Canada). It is a large and comprehensive university recognized for its culture of excellence in teaching and research. The Department of Plant Science comprises 22 professors studying various fields related to crop production and plant science. They contribute to the training of more than 400 undergraduate agronomy students and supervise about 75 graduate students in plant biology. The Department of Plant Science (www.plg.ulaval.ca) invites applications for the position of Professor in Phytochemistry and botany-Valorization of bioactive compounds of plants
In collaboration with professors of the Department of Plant Science, the selected candidate will teach courses in French to undergraduate, graduate and continuing education students, and will supervise Master's and Ph.D. students in the domain of phytochemistry and botany. He/She will develop high quality teaching and research programs. He/She will assume a fair share of the collective responsibilities of the department.
- Hold a Ph.D. in a field related to phytochemistry or botany ;
- Possess the necessary skills and experience to develop and offer instruction in French to undergraduate and graduate students in botany (ex. : Plant Anatomy and Morphology) and phytochemistry ;
- Demonstrate ability to design and implement an innovative scientific research program in the field of phytochemistry and botany, especially in the characterization and valorization of bioactive compounds of plants (pharmacognosy, plant metabolomics) ;
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills and a real interest in teaching. A university teaching experience would be an asset ;
- Demonstrate a real interest in the issues and challenges of applications of phytochemistry and botany, including the health benefits of bioactive plant products.
Hiring and treatment Conditions
Salary according to the current collective agreement. This is a tenure track position.
Application deadline:15-09-2018 - Job starting date:01-01-2019
Interested individuals are invited to send a cover letter describing their interest for the position and competence in the field of expertise, a curriculum vitae and two reference letters, before September 15, 2018, to the following e-mail address (PDF documents): email@example.com, or to the following postal address :
Jean Collin, directeur
Département de phytologie - FSAA
Pavillon Paul-Comtois, local 3236-A
2425, rue de l'agriculture
Québec (Québec) G1V 0A6
Valuing diversity, Université Laval encourages all qualified individuals to apply-particularly women, visible and ethnic minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities-but priority will be given to Canadians and Canadian permanent residents.