eJHS (ISSN: 1611-4426 print and ISSN: 1611-4434 electronic) is one of the peer reviewed journals currently available in the International Society for Horticultural Science publications portfolio.
The journal has been entirely renewed to meet the high expectations of ISHS members all around the globe; eJHS is available in print + online Open Access in the ISHS PubHort service at https://ww.pubhort.org/ejhs/
Utilizing industry-standard manuscript submission and review tools such as Editorial Manager and integrating state-of-the-art science publication workflow (XML metadata, full cross-referencing, DOI, implementation of AltMetrics, anti-plagiarism), eJHS is capabale in ensuring rapid review and submission/publication turnaround times.
The production of eJHS is overseen by a prestigious and competent Editorial Board selected from the best and most distinguished horticultural scientists belonging to ISHS, the largest and most active international horticultural science society.
eJHS provides a strong and fresh alternative to ISHS members and all others wishing to publish their research in a high profile journal with rising impact and a global reach.
eJHS publishes original research articles and reviews on significant plant science discoveries and new or modified methodologies and technologies with a broad international and cross-disciplinary interest in the scope of global horticulture. eJHS focus is on applied and fundamental aspects of the entire food value chain, ranging from breeding, production, processing, trading to retailing of horticultural crops and commodities in temperate and Mediterranean regions. In particular eJHS emphasizes integrated crop management strategies during the preharvest and postharvest stages, aiming at sustainably increasing the quantity and quality of horticultural products. The eJHS publishes peer-reviewed articles, reviews and special thematic issues in the following science areas:
- breeding and genetic resources;
- clonal (micro)propagation and seed physiology;
- cropping systems, including crop management practices;
- plant/fruit growth and development, including interactions with environments and organisms;
- plant protection and plant nutrition;
- irrigation and plant water relation;
- whole plant physiology and source/sink relation;
- urban horticulture/protected cultivation;
- fruit ripening and product quality;
- storage technologies, including postharvest disorders;
- food processing technologies/horticultural engineering;
- education and consultancy;
- consumer sciences.
Using internet technology and ISHS paper submission and handling capacity, eJHS is fully integrated with bibliographic software (e.g. Zotero, Mendely, End-Note, Papers) metadata handling, a recent standard in the scientific publication arena. Visibility and dissemination of research results is further enhanced by the technical capacity to partner with renowned organizations such as AGORA, ORCID, CrossRef, and many others. Most of all, eJHS is streamlined with other ISHS publications and therefore represents an all-inclusive option to meet the publication needs of ISHS members. It seamlessly integrates the most outstanding conference presentations from the many ISHS international symposia and includes comprehensive research outputs.
We warmly invite your submissions. eJHS is published in print + online Open Access.
//For editorial inquiries: write to the Editor-in-Chief.
//By submitting your article to eJHS you agree to cover the article publishing charge (APC) immediately upon acceptance of your paper (see details below).
Hardcopy subscription price per volume (eJHS Volume = 6 issues = one year): EUR 650 (*)
//For subscription orders or commercial inquiries regarding this title contact the ISHS subscription office - discounts apply to ISHS members and institutions
//Check out the combine subscriptions and save promotion here
Publishing Open Access makes your work immediately and permanently available online for everyone, worldwide. To publish your paper in eJHS, an Open Access article publishing charge (APC) is levied. The APC covers, in part, the costs associated with high-quality peer reviewing, editing, publishing, maintaining and archiving articles:
- The standard Open Access Article Publishing Charge (APC) for an eJHS article is EUR 1300 (**)
- ISHS members receive a discount of 25% - for ISHS members the APC is EUR 975 (**)
- Authors who prove both DGG membership as well as an affiliation with a German research institute receive a 60% discount - for these DGG members the APC is EUR 520 (**)
- Corresponding authors to benefit discounted APCs must be current members in ISHS or DGG respectively at the time of manuscript acceptance
- The APC is due immediately upon acceptance of the paper for publication in eJHS, i.e. after successfull peer review
- for APC payment, download the form below
- If a manuscript is withdrawn by the author after manuscript acceptance, a penalty in the amount of 50% of the APC will be charged
- By submitting an article with eJHS the corresponding author explicitly agrees to accept and comply with the APC rules described above
Impact Factor*: Year 2018: 0.726 (up from 0.59)
*Journal Citation Reports®, Clarivate (previously Thomson Reuters)
(*) postage of 6 issues a year is included in the hardcopy subscription price. ISHS Individual Members 20% discount - ISHS Institutional Members 30% discount [EU countries: +VAT where applicable]
(**) papers, peer reviewed and accepted for publication will be published after full settlement of the Article Publishing Charge only [EU countries: +VAT where applicable]