Fruits, The International Journal of Tropical and Subtropical Horticulture (ISSN 0248-1294 print and ISSN 1625-967X electronic), a leading scientific journal, published by the International Society for Horticultural Science in close collaboration with CIRAD (France).
The journal publishes original articles and reviews on tropical and subtropical horticultural crops.
- crop production and cropping systems,
- genetics and
- the release of genetic material adapted to tropical and subtropical environments,
- storage and market supply of underutilized crops,
- integrated management of pests and diseases,
- clinical relevant effect of tropical and subtropical horticultural species,
- peri-urban and urban tropical crop production,
- sustainable water and input use,
- capacity building in horticulture,
- value chain development in developing countries,
- seed science and agricultural engineering.
Fruits, The International Journal of Tropical and Subtropical Horticulture, deals with such crops as vegetables, fruits, spices, ornamentals and medicinal plants growing in the tropical and subtropical environment.
Current and back issues available online: https://www.pubhort.org/fruits/
Fruits - the International Journal of Tropical and Subtropical Horticulture is available online and in print.
Check here for pay-per-view options to purchase individual paper downloads.
For 2018 (Volume 73) the subscription price for Fruits, the International Journal of Tropical and Subtropical Horticulture (Volume 73 - 6 issues, 2017) is EUR 650. Subscriptions include postage of 6 high-quality print issues a year as well campus-wide unlimited online access to the entire journal archives, current and back-issues. Commercial discounts available to booksellers, subscription agents & ISHS institutional members. Click here to contact ISHS with your subscription-related questions.
When subscribing to Fruits, you might also want to consider the ISHS combine subscriptions and save promotion here
Fruits, The International Journal of Tropical and Subtropical Horticulture does not charge article submission or article processing charges (APC).
As of 1 January 2020 at least one of the authors is required to hold an active Individual Membership in the ISHS - before submitting your article ensure that your membership in ISHS is current for this year or apply for ISHS Individual Membership first and list your ISHS Individual Membership number with your submission.
For those authors who require their paper published Open Access, the ISHS offers optional 'Gold' Open Access for this journal. The cost for this optional Open Access is EUR 1,300 per paper (-25% discount for ISHS members). Download the optional Open Access order form here.
- Editor-in-Chief: Prof. Dr. Sisir Kumar Mitra, B-12/48, Kalyani, Nadia, West Bengal 741235, India. email: email@example.com
- Prof. Dr. Peter Batt (Australia)
- Dr. Francesco Orsini (Italy)
- Dr. Margherita Beruto (Italy)
- Prof. Dr. Tiziano Caruso (Italy)
- Prof. Dr. Jorge Canhoto (Portugal)
- Dr. Karin Hannweg (South Africa)
- Prof. Dr. Guglielmo Costa (Italy)
- Prof. Dr. Esmaeil Fallahi (USA)
- Prof. Dr. Zora Singh (Australia)
- Dr. Bernhard Bruckner (Germany)
- Dr. Regina Cronje (South Africa)
- Dr. Remi Kahane (France)
- Prof. Dr. George Manganaris (Cyprus)
- Prof. Dr. Francesco Paolo Mara (Italy)
Fruits is indexed/abstracted in:
- Journal Citation Reports®
- Science Citation Index Expanded™
- BIOSIS Previews®
- Biological Abstracts®
- CAB International
- CSA: Environmental Sciences and Pollution Management
- Chemical Abstract Service
- EBSCO: Environment Index™
Impact Factor*: 2019: 0.579
*Journal Citation Reports®, Clarivate (previously Thomson Reuters)