Fruits, The International Journal of Tropical and Subtropical Horticulture (ISSN 0248-1294 print and ISSN 1625-967X electronic), a leading scientific journal, published by the International Society for Horticultural Science in close collaboration with CIRAD (France).
The journal publishes original articles and reviews on tropical and subtropical horticultural crops.
- crop production and cropping systems,
- genetics and
- the release of genetic material adapted to tropical and subtropical environments,
- storage and market supply of underutilized crops,
- integrated management of pests and diseases,
- clinical relevant effect of tropical and subtropical horticultural species,
- peri-urban and urban tropical crop production,
- sustainable water and input use,
- capacity building in horticulture,
- value chain development in developing countries,
- seed science and agricultural engineering.
Fruits, The International Journal of Tropical and Subtropical Horticulture, deals with such crops as vegetables, fruits, spices, ornamentals and medicinal plants growing in the tropical and subtropical environment and is available in print + online Open Access.
Current and back issues available online: https://www.pubhort.org/fruits/
Publishing in Fruits, The International Journal of Tropical and Subtropical Horticulture involves the payment of an article publishing charge (APC).
The Article Publishing Charge is EUR 1,300 per paper (-25% discount for ISHS members). Payment of the APC is due immediately upon acceptance of the paper for publication.
Hardcopy subscription price per volume (Fruits Volume = 6 issues = one year): EUR 650 (*)
//For subscription orders or commercial inquiries regarding this title: contact the ISHS subscription office
//discounts available for ISHS members and institutions
Publishing Open Access makes your work immediately and permanently available online for everyone, worldwide. To publish your paper in Fruits, an Open Access article publishing charge (APC) is levied. The APC covers, in part, the costs associated with high-quality peer reviewing, editing, publishing, maintaining and archiving articles:
- The Open Access Article Publishing Charge (APC) for a Fruits article is EUR 1300 (**)
- Corresponding authors who hold an active ISHS membership receive a discount of 25% - for ISHS members the APC is EUR 975 (**)
- The APC is due immediately upon acceptance of the paper for publication in Fruits, i.e. after successfull peer review
- for APC payment, download the APC form here
- If a manuscript, for whatever reason, is withdrawn by the author after manuscript acceptance, a penalty fee in the amount of 50% of the APC will be charged
- By submitting an article to Fruits the corresponding author explicitly agrees to accept and comply with the APC rules described above.
- A waiver in the amount of 100% of the cost of the APC will be granted for accepted papers where every author, without exception, is a legal citizen of a World Bank 'low income' classified country.
- Editor-in-Chief: Prof. Dr. Sisir Kumar Mitra, B-12/48, Kalyani, Nadia, West Bengal 741235, India.
email the Editor-in-Chief: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prof. Dr. Peter Batt (Australia)
- Dr. Francesco Orsini (Italy)
- Dr. Margherita Beruto (Italy)
- Prof. Dr. Tiziano Caruso (Italy)
- Prof. Dr. Jorge Canhoto (Portugal)
- Dr. Karin Hannweg (South Africa)
- Prof. Dr. Guglielmo Costa (Italy)
- Prof. Dr. Esmaeil Fallahi (USA)
- Prof. Dr. Zora Singh (Australia)
- Dr. Bernhard Bruckner (Germany)
- Dr. Regina Cronje (South Africa)
- Dr. Remi Kahane (France)
- Prof. Dr. George Manganaris (Cyprus)
- Prof. Dr. Francesco Paolo Mara (Italy)
Fruits is indexed/abstracted in:
- Journal Citation Reports®
- Science Citation Index Expanded™
- BIOSIS Previews®
- Biological Abstracts®
- CAB International
- CSA: Environmental Sciences and Pollution Management
- Chemical Abstract Service
- EBSCO: Environment Index™
Impact Factor*: 2020: 0.800
*Journal Citation Reports®, Clarivate (previously Thomson Reuters)
(*) postage of 6 issues a year is included in the hardcopy subscription price. ISHS Individual Members 20% discount - ISHS Institutional Members 30% discount [EU countries: +VAT where applicable]
(**) papers, peer reviewed and accepted for publication will be published after full settlement of the Article Publishing Charge only [EU countries: +VAT where applicable]