CAPITAL GOODS ON A VEGETABLE FARM AND NET INCOME PER AGRICULTURAL WORKER

K. MARTYNA
In order to estimate the effect of different capital goods on profitability investigations were carried out in 48 private farms in the Cracow province and neighbouring areas. The average area of cropland in the farms was 6.41 ha and the area of vegetable cultivation 3.54 ha. The final output in vegetable production reached 76% on the average, in the production of non-horticultural crops 8%, and in animal production 16%. In the structure of costs depreciation and repairs constituted about 37%, and materials used about 21%, this making the total of 58%. The obtained results showed that an increase in capital goods negatively affected the level of net farmer's, income. As depending upon the value of capital goods in the farm, tripled differences in the net farmer's income per one unit of manpower appeared (from about 300 thousand to 1 million zloty). The value of capital goods was high and averagly reached 1 081 thousand zloty per 1 ha of cropland (with mean variation from 300 thousand to 1 million zloty). The high value of farm buildings and other structures, i.e., capital goods loosely associated with the production, negatively affected the level of production costs. Materials favourably affected the level of net farmer's income. The higher the level of their costs the greater was the net farmer s income per 1 unit of manpower. In the group of farms with the greatest materials' cost the average net farmer's unit per 1 ha was 2.5 times higher than in the group of farms with the least use of materials (1 100 thousand and 430 thousand zloty, respectively).
MARTYNA, K. (1988). CAPITAL GOODS ON A VEGETABLE FARM AND NET INCOME PER AGRICULTURAL WORKER. Acta Hortic. 223, 175-180
DOI: 10.17660/ActaHortic.1988.223.28
https://doi.org/10.17660/ActaHortic.1988.223.28
223_28
175-180

Acta Horticulturae