WORKSHOP: PHARMACOGNOSY (PHARMACOLOGY AND PHYTOTHERAPY)
- In the future, research on medicinal and aromatic plants should be worked out on an interdisciplinary level, i,e,:
- Botanists/Pharmaceutical biologists, Agriculturalists, Phytochemests, Phytopharmacologists
- Toxicology and Physicians
It is recommended that physicians use phytochemicals which are defined as clearly as possible botanically, by phytochemistry, etc.
- Studies on pharmacological mechanism of action - pharmacokinetics - should be stressed and encouraged.
- The pharmacological and clinical trials should be done by the directives of Good Laboratory Practice and of the Good Clinical Practice of WHO.
Schilcher, H. (1993). WORKSHOP: PHARMACOGNOSY (PHARMACOLOGY AND PHYTOTHERAPY). Acta Hortic. 332, 15-15