PRECISIONS TECHNOLOGIQUES CONCERNANT LA CONSERVATION DE L'OIGNON EN ENTREPOTS DE GRANDE CAPACITE
The capacities of cells are larger than 250 – 300 tons.
There are presented the results of the investigations and of the technological tests concerning:
- technological details of a flow for onion storage for a period of 6 – 8 months;
- investigations concerning maturation grade at which onions must be harvested for storage;
- the behaviour of some varieties of onions, produced by different methods of growing, in the storage time;
- methods for prevention and reduction of losses and depreciations of onions stored for a long time;
- technological objects for design and construction stores of onions;
- the investigations of Rumanian experts.
The data presented are obtained by the processing of the results obtained in specialized stores for onion with a capacity of 5,000 tons.
The conclusions of this paper can serve to the orientation of onion growing and to the organization of the stores for onion preservation for a long period.
At the same time, in this paper are given data for discussion, completion and improving of standards concerning onion storage.