GREENHOUSE COMPARISON TESTS OF VARIETIES AND HYBRIDE OF TOMATOES, AUBERGINES, CUCUMBERS AND GREEN PEPPERS ARE RETED
The trials were carried out from January 26, 1972 to February 3, 1972 and comprised 20 cultivars of tomatoes, 8 of eggplant, 11 of cucumbers and 9 of green peppers. The best production for each species was obtained from the following cultivars:
- Tomatoes: F1 Lotina, F1 6911, F1 INRA 63/5, F1 H 78, Montecarlo, Marmande RH, F1 Pyros, Supersonic, F1 Linda, with yields between 11.350 and 9.048 kg/sq.m.
- Green peppers: F1 Bell Boy, F1 Success, F1 Lamuyo, F1 Dano, Oakview Wonder, with 4.713 – 3.028 kg/sq.m.
- Eggplant: F1 Claudia with 4.992 kg/sq.m.
- Cucumbers: F1 Gemini, Mamba, Triumph, with 15.873 – 13.698 kg/sq.m.
The gross return for the most productive cultivars was:
- for tomatoes between 1,736 and 1,308 lire/sq.m.
- for green peppers between 1,087 and 942 lire/sq.m.
- for eggplant 1,133 lire/sq.m.
- for cucumbers between 1,983 and 1,690 lire/sq.m.
In descending order, the most satisfactiry results were obtained from cucumbers, tomatoes, eggplant and green peppers.
Leoni, S. (1974). GREENHOUSE COMPARISON TESTS OF VARIETIES AND HYBRIDE OF TOMATOES, AUBERGINES, CUCUMBERS AND GREEN PEPPERS ARE RETED. Acta Hortic. 42, 183-190