FLOWER-GROWING UNDER CONTROLLED CONDITIONS IN ISRAEL
- growers without experience
- no greenhouse construction firms in Israel
- no types of greenhouses suitable for our climate
- no export firms for flowers
- great distance to the potential markets
- no experience as to which varieties will grow well and are commercially good.
Greenhouse construction problems as well as ventilation and heating solutions are discussed; and also the technical side of sorting and packing of cut-flowers. A short survey of the main export crops, Roses, Spray-Carnations, Gerberas and some house-plants, and their growing conditions in greenhouses is included.