I International Symposium on Growing Media, Compost Utilization and Substrate Analysis for Soilless Cultivation
You are invited to attend the 'I International Symposium on Growing Media, Compost Utilization and Substrate Analysis for Soilless Cultivation' in Quebec City (Canada), June 11-15 2023.
The symposium incorporates the following two ISHS symposium series:
- International Symposium on Growing Media, Composting and Substrate Analysis
- International Symposium on Growing Media, Soilless Cultivation, and Compost Utilization in Horticulture
The symposium is part of the RE3 Conference "From Reclaiming to Restoring and Rewilding".
Specifically, the proposed general theme is: "Growing media for circular horticulture".
The preliminary proposed topics are:
- Conventional and organic production with growing media
- Analytical methods growing media (biological, chemical, physical)
- Managing beneficial and harmful organisms in growing media
- Growing media for green cities
- Growing media for space missions
- New and current components in growing media: organic and inorganic
- Circularity of growing media use: recycling of components, reuse of growing media
- Socioeconomical aspects linked to growing media use
- One day joint conference symposium: Principles and processes in conserving and restoring peatlands and organic soils use. Objective: present the latest developments on principle and process behind reclaiming, restoring or rewilding diverse ecosystems in current use or previously used for harvesting, agriculture or forestry.
Call for Abstracts!
Deadline for abstract submission: November 15, 2022 Direct link for abstract submission: https://www.actahort.org/members/symposiar?nr=790
- Jean Caron
- Jacynthe Dessureault-Rompré
- Bart Vandecasteele
- Chris Blok
- Brian Jackson
- Graeme Smith
- James Altland
- Jean-Charles Michel
- Jeb Fields
- Laura Thériault
- Line Rochefort
- Jim Owen
- Stefania De Pascale
- Youbin Zheng
- Gerald Schmilewski
- Martine Dorais
- Steeve Pépin
- Guillaume Grégoire
- Beatrix Alsanius
- Tommaso Barbagli
For more information on the symposium topics or abstract submission, please visit the symposium website, available at https://www.ishs.org/symposium/790
We are looking forward to receiving your abstracts and to welcome you in Quebec City in June 2023.
Jean Caron and Jacynthe Dessureault-Rompré Conveners