International Symposia on Tropical and Temperate Horticulture, Cairns, 2016
International Symposia on Tropical and Temperate Horticulture
Cairns, Queensland (Australia), 20-25 November 2016
It is our great pleasure to invite delegates from all sections of the horticultural industry worldwide to Cairns, North Queensland for a series of ISHS symposia on tropical and temperature horticulture. Cairns is arguably the best tourist destination in Australia and is the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef, the outback, Australian fauna and tropical rainforests containing unique Australian flora.
We will convene in the Cairns Convention Centre which was awarded the 'World's Best Convention Centre' by AIPC in 2014 in recognition of the highest client rating received by a convention centre. Thus you can expect a culture of friendly tropical hospitality.
The Congress is being hosted by the International Society for Horticultural Science, and will include meetings of regional horticultural societies and associations. We are planning to have competitions for local growers to exhibit their horticultural products. This will form part of a larger exhibition of horticultural products and industries.
The Scientific Program Committee will feature 7 new ISHS symposia in addition to a few established symposia.
The new symposia include our first International Symposium on Beverage Crops. We will have a diversity of symposia on Tropical Horticulture under the theme 'Now is the Era for Tropical Horticulture'. In collaboration with the Global Horticulture Initiative, we are convening the first International Symposium on Poverty, Hidden Hunger and Horticulture.
Horticulture is fundamentally important both now and in the future for our world, so please reserve the dates of November 20-25 2016 in your diary. On behalf of the Organising Committee, we encourage our global colleagues to join us, to participate in the program and to experience our friendly tropical hospitality and Tropical North Queensland.
Professor Roderick Drew; Co-Chair of the Organising Committee, President ISHS, President AuSHS
Dr Robin E Roberts; Co-Chair of the Organising Committee, Vice-President AuSHS
For more information on the different symposia, please go to http://www.ishs.org/symposium/589
- II International Symposium on Tropical Horticulture
- IV International Symposium on Guava and Other Myrtaceae
- I International Symposium on Beverage Crops
- I International Symposium on Poverty, Hidden Hunger and Horticulture
- I International Symposium on Protected Cultivation in Tropical and Temperate Climates and X International Symposium on Protected Cultivation in Mild Winter Climates
- I International Symposium on Tropical Plant Breeding
- I International Symposium on Tropical Plant Genomes
- I International Symposium on Tropical Plantation Crops
- I International Symosium on Urban Landscapes in Tropical Cities
- I International Symposium on Vegetative Propagation and In Vitro Culture of Tropical Plants