ISHS Talks on Vertical Farming
A series of ISHS Talks on Vertical Farming organized by Prof. Dr. Francesco Orsini, Prof. Dr. Leo F.M. Marcelis and Prof. Dr. Murat Kacira
The first series of ISHS Tarlks on Vertical Farming was launched in June 2021, the second series of episodes on the same topic starts on 28 February 2023, based on a weekly schedule, featuring a new episode every week on https://www.ishs.org/news/ishs-talks-vertical-farming
For details about the ISHS HortDialogues webinar series see https://www.ishs.org/hortdialogues
ISHS Talks on Vertical Farming - a series of recorded webinars targeting key research questions associated to vertical farming.
Registration is not required for this series. Each video will be released here for online viewing on the respective release dates and will remain available for on-demand viewing afterward.
- 21 March 2023: Can CFD through realistic plant geometries allow for improved flow conditions in vertical farms?
Wito Plas, Ghent University, Belgium
- 14 March 2023: How can we increase light use efficiency in a vertical farm?
Laura Carotti, University of Bologna - Alma Mater Studiorum, Italy
- 7 March 2023: Can we produce chili fruits in indoor farming?
Sabine Wittmann, HSWT: The Weihenstephan-Triesdorf University of Applied Science, Germany
- 28 February 2023: How many resources do we need to meet urban dietary needs through vertical farming?
Isabella Righini, WUR - Wageningen University and Research, Netherlands
- 1 June 2021: Are vertical farms sustainable for the environment?
Michael Martin, IVL - Swedish Environmental Research Institute, Sweden
- 15 June 2021: What are the critical choices and decisions towards next generation plant factories?
Eri Hayashi, Japan Plant Factory Association, Japan
- 1 July 2021: Do we need green light in vertical farming?
Erik Runkle, Michigan State University, USA
- 15 July 2021: Can we control intumescence injury in tomatoes grown under LED light?
Chieri Kubota, Ohio State University, USA
- 1 August 2021: What is the role of light spectrum on lettuce leaf pigmentation?
Laura Cammarisano, IGZ Grossbeeren, Germany
- 15 August 2021: Can we improve resources use efficiency through optimised lighting?
Giuseppina Pennisi, University of Bologna, Italy
- 1 September 2021: What is the role of far-red light on fruit crops?
Ji Yongran, Wageningen University and Research, Netherlands
- 15 September 2021: Is there a market for vertical farming products?
Maria Bustamante, Stockholm School of Economics, Sweden
- 1 October 2021: Will our food supply chain be transformed by vertical farming?
Christine Zimmermann-Lössl, Association of Vertical Farming, Germany
- 15 October 2021: How important is light intensity during lettuce propagation?
Kellie J. Walters, University of Tennessee, USA
- 1 November 2021: What are needed innovations for space crop production that may also benefit vertical farming?
Gioia Massa, NASA Kennedy Space Center, USA
- 15 November 2021: Can UVA radiation power plant growth in vertical farming?
Tao Li, Institute of Environment and Sustainable Development in Agriculture, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences (CAAS), China
- 1 December 2021: How can CO2 and light co-optimization improve propagation in Vertical Farms?
Ricardo Hernandez, Department of Horticultural Sciences North Carolina State University Raleigh, NC, USA
Download the ISHS Talks on Vertical Farming year 2021 series programme brochure here (link will open a new window).