ISHS Talks on Vertical Farming
A series of ISHS Talks on Vertical Farming organized by Prof. Dr. Francesco Orsini, Prof. Dr. Leo F.M. Marcelis and Prof. Dr. Murat Kacira
The first series of ISHS Tarlks on Vertical Farming was launched in June 2021, the second series of 14 episodes on the same topic started on 28 February 2023 with a new episode to be released once a week on Tuesdays on https://www.ishs.org/news/ishs-talks-vertical-farming
To discover more ISHS HortDialogues webinars see https://www.ishs.org/hortdialogues
ISHS Talks on Vertical Farming - a series of recorded webinars targeting key research questions associated to vertical farming.
Registration is not required for this series. Each video was released here for online viewing on the respective dates and will remain available for on-demand viewing afterward.
- May 30, 2023: Can optimized air flow prevent tip-burn in vertical farms?
Christopher Kaufmann, University of Arizona, USA
- May 23, 2023: Does Far-Red influences fruit setting in sweet pepper?
Sija Chen, Wageningen University and Research, the Netherlands
- May 16, 2023: Does Far-Red promote growth and shelf life?
Jie Zou, Beijing University of Agriculture, China
- May 9, 2023: Can UV-B lighting be optimized to produce value-added plant in vertical farming?
Hyo-In Yoon, Smart Farm Research Center - Gangneung Institute of Natural Products - Korea Institute of Science and Technology KIST, Korea
- May 2, 2023: Can Successive Harvesting of Basil Increase Production in Vertical Farming?
Michele Ciriello, University of Naples Federico II, Italy
- April 25, 2023: Can nighttime dim blue light prevent lettuce tipburn in indoor farms?
John Ertle, Ohio State University, USA
- April 18, 2023: How can medicinal plants be efficiently cultivated in vertical farming?
Ji-Yoon Lee, Bioenvironmental Engineering Lab The University of Tokyo, Japan
- April 11, 2023: Can short-day plants flower under long-days?
Malleshaiah SharathKumar, Wageningen University and Research, the Netherlands
- April 4, 2023: How does Catharanthus roseus respond to UV-A and UV-C stresses in vertical farming systems?
Marisa Sofia Coelho Lourenco, University of Porto, Portugal
- 28 March 2023: Can we reduce energy footprint in vertical farms by disruptive cultivation protocols?
Dafni Despoina Avgoustaki, Agricultural University of Athens, Greece
- 21 March 2023: Can CFD through realistic plant geometries allow for improved flow conditions in vertical farms?
Wito Plas, Ghent University, Belgium
- 14 March 2023: How can we increase light use efficiency in a vertical farm?
Laura Carotti, University of Bologna - Alma Mater Studiorum, Italy
- 7 March 2023: Can we produce chili fruits in indoor farming?
Sabine Wittmann, HSWT: The Weihenstephan-Triesdorf University of Applied Science, Germany
- 28 February 2023: How many resources do we need to meet urban dietary needs through vertical farming?
Isabella Righini, WUR - Wageningen University and Research, Netherlands
- 1 June 2021: Are vertical farms sustainable for the environment?
Michael Martin, IVL - Swedish Environmental Research Institute, Sweden
- 15 June 2021: What are the critical choices and decisions towards next generation plant factories?
Eri Hayashi, Japan Plant Factory Association, Japan
- 1 July 2021: Do we need green light in vertical farming?
Erik Runkle, Michigan State University, USA
- 15 July 2021: Can we control intumescence injury in tomatoes grown under LED light?
Chieri Kubota, Ohio State University, USA
- 1 August 2021: What is the role of light spectrum on lettuce leaf pigmentation?
Laura Cammarisano, IGZ Grossbeeren, Germany
- 15 August 2021: Can we improve resources use efficiency through optimised lighting?
Giuseppina Pennisi, University of Bologna, Italy
- 1 September 2021: What is the role of far-red light on fruit crops?
Ji Yongran, Wageningen University and Research, Netherlands
- 15 September 2021: Is there a market for vertical farming products?
Maria Bustamante, Stockholm School of Economics, Sweden
- 1 October 2021: Will our food supply chain be transformed by vertical farming?
Christine Zimmermann-Lössl, Association of Vertical Farming, Germany
- 15 October 2021: How important is light intensity during lettuce propagation?
Kellie J. Walters, University of Tennessee, USA
- 1 November 2021: What are needed innovations for space crop production that may also benefit vertical farming?
Gioia Massa, NASA Kennedy Space Center, USA
- 15 November 2021: Can UVA radiation power plant growth in vertical farming?
Tao Li, Institute of Environment and Sustainable Development in Agriculture, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences (CAAS), China
- 1 December 2021: How can CO2 and light co-optimization improve propagation in Vertical Farms?
Ricardo Hernandez, Department of Horticultural Sciences North Carolina State University Raleigh, NC, USA
Download the ISHS Talks on Vertical Farming year 2021 series programme brochure here (link will open a new window).