Editorial policy of the ISHS regarding Acta Horticulturae® (ISSN 0567-7572 print and ISSN 2406-6168 electronic)
- Acta Horticulturae exclusively contains research which has been presented at an ISHS symposium or at the ISHS Congress
- All papers, either oral or poster contributions, are subject to preliminary evaluation by the Scientific Committee of the meeting concerned. Therefore abstracts are necessary and contributors must provide their abstracts before they register.
- Contributions are presented at the meeting before an audience of peers.
- Final fulltext scientific papers are submitted by the Editor(s) to the Editorial Board for scientific review.
- Only fulltext papers accepted by the Editor(s) after scientific review are published in Acta Horticulturae.
Each symposium has an Editorial Board. The Editorial Board includes the most eminent researchers in that particular field of research and this to guarantee a consistent quality of the scientific review process. Acta Horticulturae has an history of over 50 years in independent, non-commercial, high quality scientific publishing. ISHS strongly believes in the value and impact of presenting before an audience of peers followed by a screening process by an Editorial Board which is composed of a selection of the most eminent scientists active in the particular field/subject of horticultural science.
Acta Horticulturae is included in the Thomson Reuters Web of Science® Conference Proceedings Citation IndexSM.
For several - mainly publishing-technical reasons, Acta Horticulturae, like other series of proceedings is currently not covered by Thomson Reuters in the Science Citation Index (SCI); consequently the series has no Impact Factor following the standard procedure used by Thomson Reuters (formerly ISI). Nonetheless Acta Horticulturae is a sound scientifically reviewed proceedings series.