Why should one register with ISHS (again) and be part of the growing ISHS professional network including thousands of international colleagues from research institutions, universities and polytechnics, parks, reserves, botanic and community gardens, private companies, and self-employed individuals from across the entire spectrum of horticulture and horticultural science
Attractive personal benefits
- Pride in belonging to the largest professional society for horticultural scientists in the world!
- Opportunities to develop high quality international research linkages and joint projects through contacts made at symposia and congresses.
- Being a member of a society whose members are critically important in undertaking research, development, education, training, consulting, and production of products and services essential for human health, nutrition and wellbeing.
- Affordable annual dues for a prestigious professional international society that embraces all facets relating to high value crops and sustainable environments.
- Membership list containing names and addresses of all ISHS members and officers of the Society.
Active scientific program
- Close professional linkages to members in any ISHS Division and Commission and over 140 Working Groups.
- Opportunity to participate, at a discounted registration rate, and make oral and poster presentations at one or more of the 45-50 specialist symposia held every year, throughout the world: www.ishs.org/calendar/
- Opportunity to attend, at a discounted registration rate, and participate in the International Horticultural Congress held every 4 years.
- Opportunity to convene, and organise an ISHS symposium based on your professional interest through your Working group.
Access to professional publications
- Free downloads (15 per year), valued at EUR 225, from more than +70,000 Acta Horticulturae full text articles; unlimited additional downloads at EUR 8 per copy. (Non-members pay EUR 15 per download).
- An EUR 250 discount to publish an article in eJHS, the fully peer-reviewed, print + online Open Access international horticulture journal of the Society: www.ishs.org/ejhs
- Receive a free electronic copy of Chronica Horticulturae 4 times a year, valued at EUR 60 per year.
- For ISHS Individual members the EUR 80 abstract submission fee to submit an abstract in an ISHS symposium is fully waived.
- Obtain free downloads of Scripta Horticulturae that now has 14 issues on a diverse topic range.
- Access to Harvesting the Sun, a global horticultural summary and the associated brochure.
- Opportunity to access other horticultural journals and subsequent downloads on-line through PubHort (68,500 full text articles).
Opportunities for professional development
- Opportunity to become a Chair or Vice Chair of one of the Divisions, Commission or Working Groups.
- Be creative and pro-active in initiating new specialist professional interest/working groups
- Opportunity to advertise for professional placement through the ISHS web site.
- Professional networking with like-minded professionals.
- Be eligible for ISHS Fellow membership for outstanding contribution of horticultural science.
- Be eligible for Honorary membership for exceptional service to the ISHS.
Access to professional services
- Access to a very efficient and user-friendly executive office that has the interest of horticultural scientists as the core of its business and that facilitates the efficient organisation and running of the Society's affairs.
- Potential discount on registration at each ISHS Symposium valued at EUR 60-80 per Symposium.
- 15 free downloads of Acta Horticulturae per year valued at EUR 225.
- 4 free electronic issues of Chronica Horticulturae and a membership list valued at EUR 60 per year.
- Abstract submission fee of EUR 80 fully waived.
- Free online version of Scripta Horticulturae, say one copy per year; value EUR 30 per year.
- Total financial benefits per member per year = EUR 475 per year.
- Aditionally: discount of EUR 250 per article published in the ISHS peer-reviewed journal eJHS.